Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Anthropologie Holiday Shopping!

I love Anthropologie for presents.  I know most of their stuff is pretty pricey, but there are some great affordable finds if you can scrounge around a bit in the store (am I the only one that gets distracted by the tubs of pretty drawer pulls?).  Here are some fun holiday presents that won't break the bank.


Monogrammed Mug, $6 at anthropologie.com, Lipstick Queen Medieval, $20 at anthropologie.com: These cups make great gifts because they're sweet and personal, actually practical, and look like they cost a lot more than they actually do.  I had one all last year until I shattered it (ahem), but they really do make great stocking stuffers.  Or you could fill them with little gifts, like lip gloss, candies, etc and wrap it all in colored cellophane paper--adorable.  This Lipstick Queen Medieval lippie has been haunting me.  I want.  It's a red, which terrifies me, but it goes on very sheer and gives you that just bitten look.  Plus I'm kind of on a medieval kick right now, having just come off a medieval architecture research paper.


ToykoMilk Wrapped Soap, $11 at anthropologie.com, Illume Boulangerie Jar, $16 at anthropologie.com: ToykoMilk is fab.  They have great packaging, and their products are top-notch with really creative scents.  Yes, $11 is a lot for soap, but when the soap has notes of soft linden blossom, French lavender, honey, mimosa, and tea rose, you have to make some exceptions.  This candle comes in Vanilla & Fig (nice and seasonal), Angel Food (for all you bakers), Sweet Vanilla & Cinnamon (OMG YUM), Apple Blossom (light and fresh), and Pineapple Ginger Cake (nom).  The burn time is 40 hours, and the packaging is adorable.  Buy this for people and they will think you are super swank and awesome and fancy.


Domino: The Book of Decorating, $32 at anthropologie.com, The Gospel According to Coco Chanel, $19.95 at anthropologie.com: If you don't know Domino, it was the best home decor magazine EVER.  No joke.  I have all the issues saved up at home.  I may have teared up when I heard it was canceled.  This book has some of their best shoots and ideas, and it will look chic on your bookcase to boot.  I don't think this second one needs any explanation.  Coco Chanel as a life coach?  Yes, please.


Images from anthropologie.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails