Thursday, June 2, 2011

SUMMERSUMMERSUMMER

Summersummersummer I love summer.  It makes me want to prance around in wedges and sundresses and big sunglasses and just be generally awesome.  So I found some happy, summery clothes.  Mainly wedges.  Supercute wedges.


Surfboard Sweethearts Wedges, $37.99 at modcloth.com, Phillip Simon Aviya Platform Wedge Espadrilles, $77 at shopbop.com: I'm really feeling wedges right now.  I like heels, but they feel a little over the top for summer, especially when hemlines are shorter and fabric is thinner, whereas wedges have more of a...wholesome feel.  Also practical feel.  Plus they're adorable retro, like these red polka dot wedges (they also come in neutral colors!).  The price is great, they have a nice 4" heel, and the combo of the jute, polka dots, and little bow is just so, so adorable.  I want to wear these with little white sundresses or jeans and a cute cami or a big, full a-line skirt and bounce around drinking sweet tea.  HOW ADORABLE ARE THESE PINK WEDGES?  The ballet pink and black together are a great mix of feminine and edgy, and the little bow works so well with the long, ribbon straps.  I feel like these are more nighttime wedges--they're very sophisticated and chic, and you could totally wear them out with a LBD.


Twelfth St. by Cynthia Vincent Tiered Cami Maxi Dress, $385 at shopbop.com: I have come to terms with the fact that my booty was not meant for maxi dresses.  But that doesn't mean I can't make up outfits for other people that involve maxi dresses.  I like this maxi dress because it has a defined waist, which is very important, and the little buttons have a lingerie vibe while the tiers add a Little House on the Prairie twist.  I'd style it with a thin brown leather belt, flat gladiator sandals, a statement cuff bracelet, and big sunglasses.


Images via modcloth.com, shopbop.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails