Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Shopbop Cravings

OMGIT'SONLYELEVENOCLOCKANDIAMFALLINGASLEEP.


I need my naptime, y'all.  So here's a super short post because, honestly, I'm going to sleep.  I don't do mornings well.


Kenneth Jay Lane Coral and Jade Earrings, $44 at shopbop.com, Elie Tahari Catalynn Dress, $398 at shopbop.com, Diane von Furstenberg Tonda Sliced Leather Clutch, $365 at shopbop.com: Confession: I don't like jade--or things that look like jade--and I don't really do large earrings.  But there's something about these oversized jade-esque earrings that makes me really want to have them on RIGHT NOW.  The pattern and color are so ornate and vibrant, but the tiny cutouts keep the earrings from being too over the top.  The orange adds an unexpected visual contrast that really makes them pop.  I think these work because the motif of the carved jade is so Old World but statement earrings feel young and fresh.  This LBD is the perfect work-to-cocktails dress.  It's a universally flattering shape, since it's fitted at the waist and has a soft a-line skirt, and black is such a versatile color.  The way I'd wear it for work is with a pair of heels in a soft neutral, maybe a dove grey, a short cardigan in a cobalt-navy blue, and a patent leather dark grey belt.  Then for cocktails, take off the sweater and add a statement cuff and some sparkly earrings.  Voila!  I'm really not a clutch person, but I really like this little guy.  It has a skinny chain shoulder strap, which is really handy.  My pet peeve about clutches is that I always drop them.  This solves that problem.  The sportiness of the perforated leather works really nicely with the organic feel of the twig clasp, too.




Night, y'all.  

Images via shopbop.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails