Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pimp out Your Shower

Maybe this is a personal quirk, but when it gets really hot out and I workout (I rode my pony today!) all I want to do is take a really long, really pimped out shower.  I'm not a bath person, but on days like this I almost want to take one.  As a way for me to live vicariously through all these beauty products, I rounded up some of the stuff I'd love for a spa day-esque shower.  This made a lot more sense in my head.


Bumble & Bumble Deeep Masque, $26 at sephora.com, Diptyque Baies Candle, $60 at amazon.com: One of my favorite things to do in long showers is use some sort of deep conditioner or hair mask to freshen up my dried out ends.  I've heard really great things about this Bumble & Bumble mask--basically that it's like a miracle for damaged hair or split ends, both of which I have.  Personal tip: leave on a hair mask while you shave your legs.  That takes anyone at least 5 minutes (unless you are some crazy superhero mutant, in which case I hate you), which is plenty of time to get some moisture back into your hair.  This candle may be totally overpriced, but you get to splurge on a spa shower day.  And I realize you can't smell a candle in the shower, but...I really like it.  So there.  It smells like blackcurrants and Bulgarian roses, aka a totally amazing fruity-floral, and the smell lasts forever.  You can burn it for an hour or so a day and the smell will stick around all day, so you can get a month or two out of this little guy.


Carol's Daughter Sweet Honey Dip Chocolate Brown Sugah Scrub, $34 at sephora.com, Sephora Apple Pomegranate Dry Oil, $5 at sephora.com: I hate shaving cream.  It makes me cut myself so much more than shaving without shaving cream does, which is counter-intuitive.  What I do love for shaving are sugar scrubs.  They exfoliate dead skin AND moisturize you enough to get a good shave.  This one is packed with real brown sugar, which smells amazing, and it also smells like chocolate.  I want my shower to smell like chocolate, so this is a winner.  It has rave reviews on Sephora, and it's mostly organic, too.  You want to maintain that moisture once you get out of the shower, which is why dry oils are great.  You spray this one on once you get out of the shower and then rub it in to dry.  They give your skin a great sheen, and this one is $5.  That's amazing.  Plus it smells like apples and pomegranates, which just sounds delicious.


Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter, $20 at sephora.com, Korres Showergel in Japanese Rose, $19.50 at sephora.com: The Body Shop body butters are basically famous for their greatness.  You get a lot for the money, and they keep your skin happy all day.  But my favorite part of this is the scent.  Satsuma smells like a bunch of happy, fresh tangerines and just reminds me of summer and sunshine and happiness.  Plus the scent lingers all day, so you can smell like sunshine for hours!  Rub this in right out of the shower, so you can seal in all that moisture.  Korres makes the best shower gels.  Confession: whenever I go to a hotel with Korres products in the bathroom I hoard them like a sociopath because they are AWESOME.  They're eco-friendly, and they come in the best scents.  Japanese Rose is like Japanese Cherry Blossom at Bath and Body Works, light and fresh and clean with a hint of florals.  The Korres formula lathers up really nicely and makes you feel super clean, but it doesn't dry out your skin like a lot of foaming shower gels do.  And the pump is really handy for getting everything out of the bottle, too.


Do you guys have any favorite shower products?

Images via sephora.com, amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails