Monday, June 27, 2011

J. Crew Lovelies

 Blargh I'm supposed to be sleeping right now but I am so, so bad at sleeping.  Really.  It's top 10 on my list of things I am terrible at.  So instead I've been trolling the J. Crew website, and I found these two adorable dresses.

Paradisa Dress, $168 at jcrew.com, Ramona Dress, $225 at jcrew.com: This first dress...so.cute.  So cute.  I wants.  I like that the shape is very simple and lingerie-inspired, a little 1940s, a little slip-like.  The basic cotton is simple and versatile, but the coral-red floral embroidery adds a whole other level of luxury and visual interest.  I love that the pattern is at once classic and modern in how abstract and geometric it is.  It's like a deconstructed toile.  Plus the fitted, with the close-cut bodice and fit and flare skirt, is extremely flattering on almost any body type.  J. Crew styled it nicely, with the slightly masculine belt.  I'd add a fitted little cardigan in say, a cobalt or navy blue, and maybe a set of skinny bangles.  As for the other dress, J. Crew totally owns when it comes to versatile, flattering bridesmaid-esque dresses.  This is a fab bridesmaid dress.  The cut is insanely flattering.  A deep-neck elongates the neck, flatters existing cleavage, and emphasizes cleavage if you don't have as much, the wrapped waist creates and hourglass silhouette, and the ruching hides a multitude of sins.  I'd get this in black.  I like the idea of black bridesmaid dresses, and you could style them adorably with crystal/rhinestone jewelry and jewel-tone heels.  Plus it's the kind of dress you can wear to work, to cocktails, to a wedding, etc, etc.


Images via jcrew.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails