Monday, March 28, 2011

Soft Joie and Foam?

How were everybody's weekends?  I spent the weekend in Vermont baking cookies.  No, really.  I'm such a cool kid, I know.  Love me some cookies though.  Speaking of cookies, here are some cozy clothes I'd wear while eating cookies.


Soft Joie: Duncan Deck Stripe Tank, $78 at shopbop.com, Klein Dress, $148 at shopbop.com, O'Dell Top, $68 at shopbop.com: I love Soft Joie.  It's all the coziness of KAIN tees with the style of Joie.  I can't wear horizontal stripes like this first tank but if I could I would totally wear this first tank.  I like the color combo of turquoise and charcoal grey, and it just hangs so nicely.  I'd do it with a pair of dark wash, slightly cropped skinny jeans, ballet flats, and some oversized Wayfarers.  I love interesting cutout details, like the one on the back of this dress.  It's so unexpectedly interesting and a flattering place for a cutout too--who doesn't have nice shoulder blades?  The front is very simple, so you could do a fun belt or statement necklace.  I may actually buy this last top.  I die for exposed shoulders, and the best thing here is that it highlights the collarbones and shoulders nicely but the actual sleeve part covers up the fattiest part of anyone's arm.  It's a win-win-win!  And it's a nice, basic black with a nice drape and a flattering length.


John Frieda Precision Foam Hair Color in Light Red Brown, $12.99 at target.com: I read about this foam hair color in Elle last month and since I am negative adventurous in terms of my hair dye purchases (in terms of brand, not color) I decided to branch out and do something fun.  It's like any old permanent hair color, but the dye itself comes in a foam formula and there is lots and lots of it (enough for even my hair!).  I'm trying it out tonight, so I'll let y'all know how it goes.  I got light red brown.  I'd really rather do medium red brown, but they didn't have it at CVS and dark red brown looked very purple.
Images via shopbop.com, target.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails