Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cute Accessories + Some Fab Recipes

It's almost spring!  Almost.  It's so close I can taste it.  It's making me want adorable springy clothes and accessories in fun colors and prints.  I found a few accessories that would go nicely with my sundresses piled up in my closet.


Pour La Victoire Maressa Flat Huarache Sandals, $195 at shopbop.com, Eugenia Kim Serena Leopard Bow Headband, $88 at shopbop.com, Cynthia Rowley Soft Wrapped Chain Bag, $200 at shopbop.com: I love me some coral.  It's my favorite color of nail polish, and it would be SO cute in a shoe.  I think braided huaraches are a really fun alternative to gladiators, and the pop of color from the coral is just so cute and unexpected.  I wish I was the kind of girl that could wear a big hair bow without looking silly.  I actually had a long conversation about this with someone the other day.  My personal style does not mesh with hair bows.  It makes me sad.  But this oversized leopard print bow headband needs to be worn by someone, even if it's just me in the safety of my own room.  My craving for little shoulder bags is still going strong, and the lovely, rich purple hue of this one is so fab.  The tassel adds a cute, boho twist and the chain adds a fun amount of edge. 


In a few days I'm going to a sorority sister's house to hang out and basically be a bum.  My number 1 priority: Baking.  I will be baking like there is no tomorrow.  At home I stress-bake at least 3 times a week, but at school that's impossible, so all this baking impulse has built up in my brain and I need to bake for like 4 days.  Here's what I'm thinking:


Brownies: I love me some fudgey cocoa brownies.
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Sea Salt: Chocolate chip cookies can be boring.  But when you add some sea salt--bam!  Crazy delicious.
Espresso Fudge Cookies: I don't think this needs explaining.
Coffee Cake: I usually make this without the rhubarb (although I love rhubarb) and at home it never makes it past two days before being entirely devoured.  It is SO GOOD.
Cranberry Scones: Best scones ever.  Including scones from fancy coffee shops and gourmet mixes.  Legit amazing.
Cinnamon Rolls: I have been craving cinnamon rolls FOREVER.
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie with Crumble Topping: This is the biggest craving.  I love pie, and this strawberry rhubarb pie with that crumble topping (crumble beats crust any day) is basically the best thing ever.  No, really.  I've never been able to have more than 1 piece of this pie because I turn around and it's been eaten in minutes.

Images via shopbop.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails