Monday, March 14, 2011

Currently Loving: Drugstore Shower Gel

You know if I'm blogging about a shower gel it must be a pretty darn awesome shower gel because...well...shower gel is kind of boring.  I have nothing against shower gel: it gets me nice and clean and generally smells pretty.  But is it entertaining?  Is it exciting?  Not really.


However.  I may have actually found an exciting shower gel.  I know.  It's a little crazy.  It's this Olay Ribbons Body Wash in Silk Whimsy, and it's like $6-$7 at CVS.  I am in love with it.  I always stop myself from buying the Olay Ribbons body washes because I feel like they're ridiculously expensive for shower gel but every time I get them I just love them.  I was having a mopey, I need to buy myself presents moment at CVS this weekend, so I picked up this shower gel.  Olay claims it smells like roses and almond oil.  I hate almond oil.  HATE.  But this smells like roses and florals and a hint of musk and just general gorgeousness.  If it was a perfume I'd wear it every day.  It's that good.  On top of that these shower gels are always great because they lather so well, they moisturize (my skin gets so itchy and dry if I don't use a creamy shower gel) and you don't need much to get yourself clean.  Apparently Olay also makes lotion with this scent.  My current lotion is from Vaseline and smells like chocolate cookies, which is a problem in that it makes me want to eat cookies when I use it.  I may have to pick up a bottle of this. 


In short: this shower gel smells like a Sephora quality perfume, and is actually a great shower gel.  Get on that.


Images via amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails