Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Oh Yes I Did.

So I have a sorority formal coming up in a few weeks, and I was going through my closet over and over trying to decide what to wear and coming up with nada.  And then I checked my bank account and realized it was a little higher than expected, so I went straight to Rent The Runway.  Yep.  I finally caved.  I'm so excited.


Herve Leger "Naughty and Nice" Dress, rent for $100, retail $1,050, Catherine Malandrino "Modern Queen Elizabeth" Dress, rent for $75, retail $525: I rented (or will rent haha) this purple Herve Leger dress.  I've been dying to try one for years, literally, and I love this one.  The purple is a great color for me, and the sweetheart neckline is great for a bigger chest, plus it's the perfect length and I love the open back.  The way Rent The Runway works is that you get two sizes of the dress you order to try on (and if you order 1 dress you can get another of equal or lesser value for TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS).  I'm wearing this with big sparkley earrings and strappy black platforms and it is going to be epic.  Now, I won't personally order this second dress for my body type, but I absolutely love the cut of it.  Isn't it gorgeous?  The open shoulders!  Sigh.  Someone order it so I can look at pretty pictures of it.  Oh!  Rent The Runway also sends you a Fit Kit with double sided tape and lint rollers, etc, which is so cute and practical.


The Preppy Polka Dot Personalized Tumbler, $14.50 at etsy.com: The other thing I got myself today was one of these tumblers.  I know they're sickeningly cute, but they're so practical for someone who's always reusing Starbucks cups for drinks in my room.  You can get different fonts and colors with your name on the front (I did a grey/light pink/black combo).  I love things like this that are cute and practical.


Images via renttherunway.com, etsy.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails