Thursday, April 29, 2010

MAC Attack

This week has really been a posting fail, and I'm so sorry guys.  It's been CRAZY busy in Boston, with finals and sorority stuff and Spring Fling this weekend, but next weekend is reading period, so I'll try to get back on the posting bandwagon. 


Mason by Michelle Mason Assymetrical Tank Dress with Mesh, $364 at shopbop.com, Gorjana Vine Ring, $54 at shopbop.com, Gwyneth Paltrow:  This Michelle Mason dress reminds me of a cheaper version of those Alexander Wang sports bra-inspired dresses I've posted a few times.  It has the same sporty-luxe vibe and sports bra lines, but at about half the price and with a little on-trend nude thrown in.  I think this ring is so lovely.  It really looks like tiny vines wrapping around your finger, and the chunkiness of the ring balances out the delicate lines of the vines (hehe, that rhymes) really nicely.  Gwyneth Paltrow is rocking the burgundy eyeshadow here.  I'm really warming up to red-based eye shadows for some reason.  It really makes her blue eyes pop, and keeping the rest of her face neutral was a great decision, as it lets all the focus stay on her eyes.

3 Free Starter Pack with Nail Foundation, $38 at butterlondon.com, Butter London Creme Trio, $24 at butterlondon.com: How adorable is this little three-pack from Butter London?  I've been meaning to try out their polish forever, partially because it's a British company and partially because the shades that it comes in are awesome.  In this pack you get the base coat, top coat, and a nail polish of your choosing.  This would make such a fab birthday/Christmas present!  Butter London also makes hand/cuticle creams, which coincidentally come in another three-pack.  Madam is country garden scented, Mister is black tea, and Mistress is champagne.  I love the super adorable packaging and that you get a scent for every mood in the perfect purse size for on the go touch-ups.



MAC Shadow in Mythology, $14.50 at maccosmetics.com, MAC Paint Pot in Painterly, $16.50 at maccosmetics.com: I did make it over to MAC, just like I promised.  I picked up Mythology eyeshadow and the paint pot in Painterly, and I love them both to death.  Mythology is a luster shadow, so EXTREMELY shimmery, and a lovely warm copper hue that verges on orange in the pan.  It does go on rather sheer, and since it's a luster, it has somewhat chunky glitter that causes a little fallout.  I've been applying a wash of it across the lid.  It adds a warm glow to the lid and contrasts really nicely with the green in my eyes.  I'd really recommend it if you're looking for a unique lid color that's very fun and summery, and especially if you love sparkles.  I have to confess something guys.  I fell asleep with my makeup on last night.  I don't know how it happened, but I was expecting to look like a raccoon when I woke up.  However, my shadow hadn't creased at all.  My gel liner had faded a little, but the shadow was still totally intact 12 hours later, and it was due entirely to this little paint pot.  It's genius.  I like it better than UDPP because the packaging makes much more sense, it works as a concealer as well as a base, and it's a little stickier, which I feel like helps hold the shadow in place better.  I'll definitely be repurchasing both of these.


Image Sources:
Michelle Mason dress: shopbop.com, Gorjana ring: shopbop.com, Gwyneth Paltrow: glamour.com, Butter London polish: butterlondon.com, Butter London lotion: butterlondon.com, MAC Mythology: computergirl2007.blogspot.com,  MAC Painterly: fiend.onsugar.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails