Monday, November 2, 2009

Hair Texturizers and One Awesome Cardi

It's a short post today dearies. My tummy decided to go on strike earlier, which led to a long nap, and then of course I had to watch Gossip Girl, so I'm writing this at 2 AM and struggling not to pass out from the NyQuil I just took because I'm getting another cold. So if any of this doesn't make sense, I'm not losing my mind (entirely).

Blow Beach Blow Texturizing Mist, $21 at folica.com, T3 Refresh Volumizing Dry Shampoo, $25 at sephora.com: I have an ongoing obsession with hair texture. My hair tends to look like Barbie hair. Not as awesome as it sounds. It just hangs there totally straight and shiny and refuses to look messy or bedheady or textured at all. I realize that most people have this problem in reverse, but what can I say, I like messy looking hair. I've tried creams and serums and mousses and nothing gives my hair any resemble to Kate Moss's tousled do. After months and months of searching, I somehow happened to stumble across two awesome solutions at the same time--isn't that how life always works? Blow Beach Blow Texturizing Mist (awkward name) and T3 Refresh Volumizing Dry Shampoo do similar things, if in different ways. First off, Beach Blow is $21 for 8.5 ounces and T3 is $25 for 3.3 ounces. That works out to $2.47 and $7.57 per ounce. Second off, Beach Blow you can use on wet or dry hair for different effects, whereas dry shampoo only works on dry hair. I don't really use dry shampoo to get rid of the oilies (although this one is great at that). I use it on clean hair for texture. The T3 shampoo gives my hair hold (I don't know how else to describe it, but instead of my hair being shiny/slippery it's a little more matte and scrunchable?). I spray it on just below the crown, brush it through a few times, and then rough my hair up with my fingers. It adds volume, separation, and TEXTURE! I got it in Dark, but it seems to apply clear to me. The Beach Blow is entirely different. I spritz it on 4/5 times after I get out of the shower, scrunch my hair, and let it air dry. My hair dries a little wavier, more voluminous, and more textured than normal. I spritz it (sparsely) on dry hair for extra texture and separation. It's basically a glorified salt spray, so it does what going to the beach would do to your hair, but better (and it smells amazing). All in all, I'll be repurchasing the Beach Blow because I don't really need a dry shampoo (thanks to compulsive daily hair washing) and because it's siginifcantly cheaper than the T3 Dry Shampoo. But if you're looking for a good dry shampoo, I seriously recommend this.


LINE Constance Cardigan, $195 at shopbop.com: I know I've mentioned how much I want an open cardigan. But I really, really want this one. It might be an Xmas present to myself. It's only cotton, but doesn't it still look so cozy? I love rock-looking print and the grey/white color palette, the ribbing at the cuffs, and the pointelle detail on the body--it adds the perfect amount of lightness against the raw feeling of the print. The drape in the front is absolutely perfect; it falls straight, doesn't add too much bulk, and the long in the front-short in the back effect is actually really flattering. For how versatile a piece this is, the price is pretty decent. Do want.


Image Sources:
Blow Hair Mist: folica.com, T3 Dry Shampoo: sephora.com, LINE cardigan: shopbop.com.

2 comments:

  1. I love that sweater! I really do love the way you write! Great blog!

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you! Your blog is adorable btw :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails