Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Who's Feeling Festive? Hint: It's Me.

I'm one of those people that lives for the holiday season. Not for the actual religious connotations of the holidays themselves, but more for the spirit and the decorations and the general festiveness of it all. That period from Halloween to New Year's is my bread and butter. We've even decorate our dorm room for Thanksgiving. Not Halloween or Christmas, but Thanksgiving. Hardcore. I'm going to try to crank out a few non-denominational holiday posts in the next few weeks, and first up are festive body products and a little festive makeup.

C. O. Bigelow Warm Spiced Cider Mentha Lip Cordial, $7.50 at bathandbodyworks.com, Vanilla Bean Noel Moisturizing Hand Lotion, $4 at bathandbodyworks.com, CB I Hate Perfume Gathering Apples, $60 at cbihateperfume.com: Bath and Body Works is always a great place to scour for seasonal products (they get so into it). They have the whole hand sanitizer craziness going on, but I like to go for their lesser known products, like this Cider lip gloss and Vanilla Bean Noel lotion. I think marrying lip gloss and holiday scents/tastes is genius, because it's a really subtle way to incorporate the holiday spirit into your daily life. The lotion is awesome because it's a good lotion, so it's practical, and it smells like Vanilla awesomeness! I would totally use that year round. CB I Hate Perfume is perfect for very niche, specific scents, and while they have a lot of interesting pine/snow themed scents, I like something warmer for the holidays. Gathering Apples is supposed to smell just like gathering apples, a combination of ripe apples and weathered trees, which sounds spot on without being over the top.


Philosophy Gingerbread Lip Shine Ornament, $8 down from $12 at sephora.com, Philosophy Caramel Apple Flavored Lip Shine, $12 at sephora.com, Philosophy Pumpkin Spice Muffin Flavored Lip Shine, $12 at sephora.com: Bath and Body Works may be good, but Philosophy is the master of holiday themed body products, namely glosses and shower gels. I want all of these flavors. Gingerbread is really classic Christmas, very fairy tale, gingerbread house, childhood memories. Caramel apple is perfect for those who like fruitier or fresher flavors, and would add a lovely hint of red. Pumpkin Spice might be my favorite. I live and die for Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes. For all those pumpkin haters, there's no actual pumpkin flavor in this, it's all the spices that go into making pumpkin pie, like cinnamon and nutmeg and so on (so much useless knowledge in my head).


Philosophy Cinnamon Hot Dots Bath & Shower Gel, $16 at sephora.com, Philosophy Pumpkin Spice Muffin Bath & Shower Gel, $16 at sephora.com, Philosophy The Gingerbread Man Scented Hot Salt Body Scrub, $25 at sephora.com: If you're not a lip gloss person, Philosophy also does great shower/bath gel/shampoo combos that are a total bargain because those bottles are HUGE. I'm not a huge fan of cinnamon, but it says holidays to a lot of people, and I think I already explained my undying love of pumpkin spice. The idea of pumpkin spice shower gel/shampoo AND pumpkin spice lip gloss might make my brain explode. The Gingerbread scrub might be the most practical purchase. Philosophy's scrubs are really, really exfoliating and moisturizing, which definitely isn't always the case, and I'm a sucker for the adorable packaging.


NARS Glitter Pencil in Platinum, $24 at sephora.com, Urban Decay 24-7 Glide-On Liner in Lucky, $17 at sephora.com, Make Up For Ever in Pearl Gold, $19 at sephora.com: You guys know I couldn't leave holiday make up out of the mix! I'll probably do like 3 more posts on it, let's be honest. To me, holiday make up is glitter and bronzey/gold shadows (there's something so festive about a gold eye). This NARS pencil is platinum with silver shimmer, which would be so gorgeous as a highlight on the inner corners of the eyes, or as an all-around liner for a more snow bunny look. I have this Urban Decay liner in Lucky, and it's a fab bronze liner that definitely reads a bronze, but is dark enough to liner and contour the eye. I know it's more of a year-round than a holiday thing, but something about white, shimmery highlighter (subtle, not disco ball) is so perfectly festive. It adds the right amount of glow and has a bit of a winter wonderland vibe. Plus it's MUFE, so you know it's good.


Image Sources:
C.O. Bigelow lip gloss: bathandbodyworks.com, Vanilla Bean Noel lotion: bathandbodyworks.com, CB I Hate Perfume Gathering Apples: cbihateperfume.com, Philosophy Lip Shines: Caramel Apple: sephora.com, Pumpkin Spice Muffin: sephora.com, Gingerbread: sephora.com, Philosophy Cinnamon shower gel: sephora.com, Philosophy Pumpkin Spice Muffin shower gel: sephora.com, Philosophy Gingerbread Man scrub: sephora.com, NARS liner: sephora.com, Urban Decay liner: sephora.com, MUFE powder: sephora.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails