Monday, November 23, 2009

Even More Random Than Usual.

I've that instead of writing posts about one thing and then posting multiple times a day like I used to, I'm just jamming everything into one post. Which makes for longer posts that are seriously more random. But I'm going to keep doing it anyways. You can see how my train of thought evolves (or devolves, depending on the situation).

First order of business: I think I want this hair color. I realize that I just posted this first pic and that Rpatz's hair is very distracting in the second pic, but look at Kristen Stewart's hair color. It's still the same dark brown as it was from the first Twilight pic, but this time it has a bunch of red undertones running through it that simultaneously warm it up and edge it out. It's like a really, really deep auburn. I want it. I might actually do it. I think adding a bit of red ( not a lot mommy, don't worry) to my hair would make the green in my eyes pop, and my skin's calmed down enough that the red in my hair wouldn't conflict with an irritation on my face (it's about time). So basically, next time I dye my hair it'll probably by Dark Auburn instead of Dark Golden Brown. Crazy, I know. What can I say, I live on the wild side. If I happened to find an Rpatz along with that new hair, well...let's just say I wouldn't complain. I'd just make him shower.


L.D. Tuttle Arc Heels, $550 at lagarconne.com, L.D. Tuttle Shifter Boots, $725 at lagarconne.com, L.D. Tuttle x VPL Realignment Boot, $725 at standardeviationny.com: So a friend mentioned this website that led to intensive online shopping that led to the fab discovery of this shoe brand, L.D. Tuttle. Very edgy, almost a little Bladerunner-esque, lots of leather and dark neutral and zippers and all around Megan-ness. Not only is this first pair of heels a pair of black platforms with zippers and cutouts (already loving it), but the heel is covered in black fish scales. They might be sequins masquerading as fish scales, but still. That hint of sheen and texture adds a bit of glam and so much visual interest to this shoe. I know these boots aren't cheap, but they're really two boots for the price of one. You can wear them as shown, up to the knee with those awesome leather wraps (they're so the lovechild of a motorcycle boot and a pair of Vivienne Westwood pirate boots), or you can unwrap and unzip the boots so that the top half folds over and they become ankle booties. They look hot both ways, and that's a way to justify the pricetag. At least of little bit. I love the idea of VPL doing a shoe collaboration, and all that architectural elastic is so perfect on this pair of booties. The navy hue is refreshing but still versatile, the black insets and wooden heel keep it interesting, and the overall effect is somewhere in between those Pierre Hardy for Gap booties that I loved and Proenza Schouler. I die.


Melissa Odabash Marrakech Embellished Cutout Swimsuit, $345 at net-a-porter.com, Versace Spring 2010 makeup: So this is extremely random, but I heart this swimsuit. That's all. The fuchsia is so exuberant, the sequins are so unexpected but yet so perfect, and the cutout shape is one of the best I've seen. This eye makeup from the Versace Spring 2010 show is similarly summer-fab. It's basically just a dusky purple across the lid and lower lash line, blended out at the outer and inner corners, with a slash of purple liquid liner on the top lash line. Lots of blending, but a very simple, breezy, and not too innocent look for Spring/Summer. I'd try Illamasqua's matte shadow in Fatal, $20 at sephora.com.


Viv & Ingrid Bow Outline Posts, $41 at vivandingrid.com, Silver Diamond Posts, $41 at vivandingrid.com, and Rose Posts, $41 at vivandingrid.com: I'm getting my ears pierced on Wednesday (eek!), and I'm anticipating that I won't be comfortable wearing anything other than posts for quite a while. So of course I have to have adorable posts, but I also have to factor in my general brokeness. I'm so indebted to Lucky mag for turning me on to Viv & Ingrid, a sites that sells the most adorable post earrings. They also have a ton of gorgeous Moroccan inspired hanging earrings/hoops that you guys should check out. I love these posts because they're sterling silver (yay!), they're affordable, and they're the right mix of versatile and whimsical. The bows are sweet without being too girly because of the miniscule size, the silver diamonds are ironic and a little bit edgy, and the roses (my favorite) are precious and elegant without being over the top feminine. And how cute is that packaging?


MAC Warm & Cozy Collection (releases 12/26): Shadesticks in: Cuddle, Nurture, Warm & Cozy, Relaxed, Eyeshadows in: Chamomile, Modelette, Milled Cider, Embark, Mineralize Skinfinishes in: Comfort, By Candlelight: Finally, a new MAC collection that I'm interested in, and one that comes out at just the right time for me to spend my Christmas-gifted MAC gift cards on (hint hint). It's basically a bunch of warm, neutral but festive shades. I want the Shadestick in Cuddle, a frosted dark chocolate, the Eyeshadow in Milled Cider, a warm dark brown (satin) or Embark, a permanent shadow that's a deep rich brown-black (matte), and either the Comfort MSF, a golden bronze, or the By Candlelight MSF, a golden pink. I like Cuddle because you can never have enough dark brown cream shadows, Milled Cider and Embark because they'd make great smokey eye/contouring shades without being as harsh as black, and the MSFs because they're great highlighter/bronzers.


Toms of Maine Toothpaste in Cinnamon-Clove, $3.99 at drugstore.com, Lady Gaga's Fame Monster, $7.99 on iTunes: Again, really random, but I've found the best toothpaste of all time. It tastes like Christmas!!! Just as a warning, Toms' toothpastes aren't as intensely flavored as say, a Crest or Aquafresh toothpaste. At first I thought they tasted like clay. They definitely take some getting used to. That said, the Cinnamon-Clove toothpaste has a hint of clove, which screams things like Christmas cookies and apple cider, while the cinnamon adds to the holiday vibe while giving a bit of a refreshing tingle. This is love. On a totally unrelated note, there's new Lady Gaga. We must discuss. Personally, I think her voice is much smoother (read: more edited) than it was on The Fame, but I still love it. I strongly recommend all of the songs except Telephone (I think it's weird that Lady Gaga does a song with Beyonce called Telephone, and Beyonce does a song with Lady Gaga called Video Phone, and they both suck). Bad Romance is obviously fantastic, Alejandro has a bit of a Spanish flavor and a very danceable beat, Monster has really entertaining lyrics and is totally club ready, Speechless is a poignant ballad, Dance in the Dark and So Happy I Could Die are a little off beat, but going to get stuck in your head immediately (and again, so danceable). Teeth might be my favorite. It's kind of weird, but it has this great burlesque-ish bass beat that makes me want to drop everything and start dancing. Literally. So check out Fame Monster. It blows Rihanna's (and Shakira's for that matter) new album out of the water.


Image Sources:
Kristen Stewart pics in order: makeupforlife.net, latimesblogs.latimes.com, L.D. Tuttle: Arc heels: lagarconne.com, Shifter boots: lagarconne.com, Realignment boot: standarddeviationny.com, Melissa Odabash swimsuit: net-a-porter.com, Versace makeup: allure.com, Viv & Ingrid: bow outline posts: vivandingrid.com, silver diamond posts: vivandingrid.com, rose posts: vivandingrid.com, MAC pics: temptalia.com, Toms of Maine toothpaste: drugstore.com, Lady Gaga album cover: digitalcheeseburger.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails