Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Into the Wild.

So on the quest for the perfect pair of Frye boots today (so. many. to chose from. The harness boots or the Bonnie boots? CAN'T CHOOSE), I stumbled across this fantastically amazing leopard print scarf. Just look at it!

(PS: Nope, that's not my dorm room. I'm at my roomies house for Thanksgiving. Yay holiday orphans).


Not only is it leopard print, it's purple and metallic silver reversible leopard print. This is the sort of thing I wouldn't have looked at past sixth grade, but I've been thinking: metallics are making a serious comeback. Purple is one of my favorite colors. Leopard print is actually chic now. So the combination isn't that crazy. Plus, the rich purple adds a fantastic pop of jewel-toned richness to my black/grey/navy wardrobe, and the silver makes it fancy (the ways I justify things). It's about 2 by 6 feet, which is a pretty good deal for $32. Since my love affair with leopard print has been re-kindled, I dug up a few more leopard printed accessories for you guys.

White + Warren Cashmere Travel Wrap in Grey Leopard, $345 at madisonlosangeles.com, Tolani Leopard Scarf, $99 at sirenboutique.com, Marc by Marc Jacobs Into the Wild Computer Case, $68 at net-a-porter.com: (I may have stolen the post name from this bag...what...crazy): Yes, this White _+ Warren scarf is ridiculously expensive. BUT it's all cashmere and it's 81 x 36 inches (like 6.5 by 3 feet), so it's mildly justified. The cozy fabric and giant size make this so fabulous. It would be great on a long plane ride, or just looking extremely luxurious tossed casually around your neck on the way to grab a coffee. The small scale of the print and the neutral palette make this surprisingly versatile. It's the classiest way to do a leopard print. This Tolani scarf is a little louder, and while it looks a little out there on the mannequin, I've seen it out and about on celebs like Kim Kardashian and Shenae Grimes, and paired with a simple, neutral outfit, it's a great way to make a statement. You could wake up feeling totally disgusting, put on a white tee and jeans, and then throw this on and look totally pulled-together. Those are the best kind of accessories. Isn't this the most adorable laptop case EVER? I want it so badly. Normally I'd say no to a leopard print bag, but I think that fact that this is a laptop case makes it perfectly acceptable. How could you not smile during a Psych lecture with that in front of you? It would make taking notes so festive!


Eugenia Kim Daphne Leopard Earflap Cap, $176 at shopbop.com, Fashion Focus Accessories Animal Print Skinny Suede Belt, $28 at nordstrom.com, Leopard Risky Business Sunglasses, $10 at urbanoutfitters.com: I'll admit, I think this hat would be hard to pull off, but if done right it would be totally adorable. It's the perfect mix of snow bunny and safari, and the leopard print is so blown up that it looks more like an abstract pattern than actual leopard print. This belt is such a versatile piece. I have one little statement belt like this that I got for $5 on a whim, and I wear it more than any other belt I own. These work because they're so thin that a vibrant color or print isn't too overwhelming, but helps pull the eye straight to the waist--aka your narrowest part. This over a cute little cardigan or a little day dress would be drop dead chic. These glasses might be my favorite pick from this post. The Wayfarer shape is literally flattering on every face shape, the slightly oversized lenses are practical and glamorous, and the subtle leopard print adds so much visual interest without being too distracting from your actual face. If I see these at Urban they're coming home with me. Not up for negotiation. I mean, those with slightly messy hair and a red lipstain? I'm dying.


PPS: There def won't be any posting tomorrow (food-induced coma), and there probably won't be any posting Friday. But then again, I'm going shopping, so I may not be able to restrain myself. We'll see. Happy Thanksgiving guys!

Image Sources:
White + Warren wrap: madisonlosangeles.com, Tolani scarf: sirenboutique.com, Marc by Marc computer case: net-a-porter.com, Eugenia Kim hat: shopbop.com, Fashion Focus Accessories belt: nordstrom.com, Sunglasses: urbanoutfitters.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails