Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Womanity

So when I replaced my old, dried up gel liner from Sephora a few days ago, I ended up with some fun free samples.  One of which was the Thierry Mugler Womanity EDP, which I've been dying to try for a while now.


Thierry Mugler Womanity EDP, $78 for 1.7 oz at sephora.com: It's definitely not a cheap fragrance, and I have mixed feelings about the bottle.  I like it, but I don't think it's very chic or elegant.  There's some mumbo jumbo about 'secret symbols' carved into the cap and all that, but the one bit I do like about the cap is the twist-on cap.  It feels a little more glamorous than the standard atomizer.  The other thing that bothers me is the name.  Womanity?  Really?  Ugh.


So the notes in this are fig, caviar, citrus, and woods.  When I first heard that I was like hm.  I'm a vegetarian.  Caviar is one of the last things I want to smell like.  But the caviar here doesn't say "baby fish fetuses."  It adds a salty, musky base to the fragrance that twists around the dry woods beautifully, in a way reminiscent of drift wood on the beach.  The citrus adds a bright note, but the fig...the fig is the real star.  It adds a sweet, feminine, unctuous twist that keeps this from being any generic girly fragrance and takes it to an interesting, offbeat and sophisticated place.  I really love this.  I loved it so much that I thought it must be weird (I always like weird perfumes), and so I made basically everyone I talked to today smell it, and the general consensus is that it's FAB.  It's feminine but not boring, has great sillage and lasting power (I put a TINY dab on over 12 hours ago and I can still smell it clearly) but isn't overpowering, and it's sexy.  Very, very sexy in a non-slutty, non-tacky kind of way.  I really want this.  Which is a problem, since it ain't cheap.


Awkward Chic rating: A-.  I'd give the perfume itself an A+, but the name, price, and bottle take it down a bit.


Image via sephora.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails