Monday, February 21, 2011

My Precious

There's this Anthropologie dress I've been stalking down for months.  I wanted it in October, it wasn't on sale, I couldn't justify the $180 or so price tag, so I crept around the Anthropologie website for months, waiting for it to go on sale.  And then it disappeared off the website and I thought all hope was lost (so dramatic, I know).

Then on a random shopping trip last week, I wandered into Anthropologie and BAM.  My dress, on sale for half off, in my size.  I couldn't not buy it, right?  I absolutely love it.  It's an a-line cut with a fitted waist, sweetheart neckline, a tan and white striped fabric with a blue print and a cute little waist tie.  There are two things that really get me about this dress.  The first is that the quality is very high.  The fabric is thick and sturdy, there are large fabric allowances in all the seams, the skirt has multiple layers so it actually flares out like a real a-line, just little things like that that make me feel like I got my money's worth.  The second is that the fit is really, really flattering if you have a silhouette like mine--very, very hourglassy.  I wish it was a bit smaller through the waist, but it actually fits my chest, which never happens, so I'm not complaining.

Here I'm wearing it with my Frye Carmen Short boots, which are sadly at the cobbler now getting new heels.  I don't really have a lot of occasions to wear this dress now in Boston, but just looking at it reminds me of spring and makes me so happy.  It's part country western, part retro '50s, and just really fun.

3 comments:

  1. That dress is absolutely adorable. Definitely wouldn't be able to pass that up either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I adore it. If only it wasn't 20 degrees here... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find! Such a cute dress :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails