Monday, February 7, 2011

I'm Alive.

Contrary to popular belief, I did not die during the past week.  I disappeared under the giant rock/blackhole is that sorority recruitment week.  Totally thought I could handle it and blog occasionally.  Totally overestimated my time management skills.  BUT on the plus side now I'm back and will have plenty of time to blog (finally).  Yipee!  So here are some of the fun things I've been bookmarking this week and waiting to blog about.  (Sidenote: two of my three free Zoya polishes finally shipped.  After a month of being on backorder.  Cry.  So they're at my house in LA and getting sent out here tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to review those soon!).


I'm in an eat my feelings sort of place right now (damn you, econ problem set), and I've been staring at these adorable chocolates for almost a week now.  I think they belong in my life.  They're from a company called Sweeteeth (cutesy), but what I really love are the adorably quirky packaging and the amazing flavors.  Example one: A'Chocolypse, a dark chocolate bar with candied ginger and popping sugar, and Cinnapsis: dark chocolate with dried apples, candied pecans and cinnamon.  My stomach is actually rumbling right now.


Also, this past week for recruitment I switched it up and wore a pair of pink pearl earrings I hijacked from my mom (sorry mommy).  I know that sounds silly, but it is a BIG change for me.  I've had the same pair of earrings in for a little over a year now.  It's this pair from Viv & Ingrid, just little rose posts plated in gold.  What I love about them is that they're simple, but not boring, they don't irritate my ears, and they NEVER fall out.  I've gone months not taking them out for anything (working out, showering, sleeping), and they are not gonna fall out.  Ever.  It's very reassuring.  So I love them to death, but I kinda want to branch out a little more.  The pearls have given me courage!  I absolutely love these drop earrings from Rachel Leigh.  They're $106 at shopbop.com.  The juxtaposition of the cut crystals and the aged, gunmetal settings is so rock and roll glam, and...basically they're large and sparkley, so I love them.

That's all for today folks!  I promise I'll be more entertaining tomorrow, I'm still a little brain dead.


Images via vivandingrid.com, shopbop.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails