Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Just Stop It Already

I just got huge Elle and Harpers Bazaar March issues today, so I spent like two hours watching Breakfast at Tiffanys and drooling over all the Spring/Summer campaigns. I know, I know, I'm such a party animal.

Kate Spade Windsor Palace Metallic Gwendolyn bag, $595 at katespade.com, Charm City Ostrich Maryanne, $475 at katespade.com: Doesn't this first bag scream Lanvin? The classic, structured shape against the glam, lady-like finishes, and that little hint of edge with the chain strap. It's like everyday Lanvin for half the price. And this other purse just kills me. I know purple seems a little over the top for an everyday bag, but if you think about it (I've been doing it for the last 10 minutes) purple really works with a lot of other colors, especially if you're like me and into neutral outfits. It just adds so much enthusiasm to everything, and then you add in the dainty, elegant shape, the inherent classiness of the (mock) croc, and that adorable but not too prissy bow, and you've got me sold for sure. Maybe it's because I just watched two Audrey Hepburn movies in a row and am feeling particularly '50s cheesy. So sue me.


Diane von Furstenberg Hayworth Clutch, $425 at shopbop.com, Torn by Ronny Kobo Kate Jeweled Shoulder Dress, $275 at shopbop.com, Keep Calm and Carry On, $19.98 at etsy.com: I can't decide how I feel about this clutch. On the one hand, it's basic black, and the big flowers and studs balance each other out nicely. On the other hand it's a little overpriced and I think the two flowers are competing with each other a bit. I absolutely love this dress. It's like Balmain on the major cheap. The body-con, long-sleeved mini cut, the emphasized shoulders, the crystal embelishment--it has the same look and slight military feel of Balmain, but it's almost more wearable because it's toned down a bit for this price point. I must have this shirt, for two reasons. One, the print is straight off a WWII British propaganda poster, and I am a total history nerd and lover of all things British, and two, it's a nice practical message for when everything around you is going to crazytown. It's from Etsy, so it's affordable, and printed on American Apparel tees in a plethora of colors, like this lovely blue.


So, the Spring campaigns this year: um, can I just say amazing? I just re-wall-papered my walls with all of them. This needs to stop. My walls have about 10 layers of magazine rip-outs on them.

Bottega Veneta Spring 2010 campaign: Relaxing in a slightly rundown Italian villa in glamorous relaxation clothes with a yummy boy staring off into space? Can I go to there? Absolutely loving the idea of the Indian-inspired/ballet dancer sweats and tank ensemble with that fab bun and statement necklace.


Chanel Spring 2010 campaign: There's another photo of this campaign with Freja Beha that I couldn't find that is absolutely stunning, but the rest of the campaign is just as lovely. Claudia Schiffer is insanely gorgeous, and this picture stands alone as a picture, just for its composition. And the tiny Chanel patent leather bag? Le sigh. And that second picture, the juxtaposition between the Chanel-clad couple and the Buenos Aires staircase is pitch-perfect.



Versace Spring 2010 campaign: I love Georgia Jagger and her gap-toothed smile! Maybe it's because she reminds me of Lara Stone. Hmm. And then there's the way she looks like Alice falling through the rabbit hole or a little girl on a hotel room floor, coupled with the pink, futuristic tattoo-print dress. There's something really whimsical and yet slightly dark about it all.


Fendi Spring 2010 campaign: Not a big fan of Fendi as a brand. Huge fan of their new campaign featuring Anja Rubik. She looks like a gazelle just sprouting out of that deserty-landscape, and her dress has the deconstructed, post-apocalyptic princess thing going on that's huge right now.


Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2010 campaign, Keira Knightley for Elle: I was surprised when I heard Madonna was the new face of Dolce & Gabbana, I was confused. She's so muscular and tightly-wound, and it seemed contradictory to Dolce and Gabbana's luxe, Italian perspective. But it totally works. Somehow Madonna looks like a voluptuous Italian woman, and she may even be eating carbs. Bravo, D&G. Bravo. And last but not least, Keira Knightley looked lovely in this month's Elle, even though her photoshoot was WAY too short. She's just SO PRETTY. And she seems pretty down to earth and normal, which just makes me love her even more.


Image Sources:
Kate Spade Windsor bag: katespade.com, Kate Spade Maryanne: katespade.com, DVF clutch: shopbop.com, Torn by Ronny Kobo dress: shopbop.com, Keep Calm and Carry On tee: etsy.com, Bottega Veneta campaign: fashionising.com, Chanel campaign: mamasrollingstone.com, Versace campaign: fashiongonerogue.com, Fendi campaign: fashiongonerogue.com, Dolce & Gabbana campaign: justjared.buzznet.com, Keira Knightley for Elle: elle.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails