Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Review: Zoya Neeka Polish

So I did that buy one, get two free Zoya proyo a while back.  I got a top coat (Anchor), Roxy, and Neeka.  Today I've got Neeka to show you all. 


Zoya polish in Neeka, $8 at zoya.com: So Zoya describes Neeka as: "A greyed amethyst with subtle red duochrome shimmer and bright gold glitter accents.? A fascinating, unique shade that manages to be glittery but not too flashy."  I'd say that's about right.  It's a medium, greyed purple (more purple than grey to be sure) with subtle pink shimmer and tiny gold glitter.  It is SO PRETTY.  It's showing up a little washed out here and I could not get the shimmer to show up FOR THE LIFE OF ME.  Stupid rainstorm lighting.  Here's a better swatch.  I adore this color.  It reminds me of Catherine of Aragon from RBL's The Real Housewives of the Tudor Dynasty collection.  That sold out before I could get it, but it was a very similar color--slightly lighter and dustier with a little more shimmer, but very similar.


There's something so regal about this color.  It has the richness from the purple and the elegant, worn-in feeling from the grey, and the glitter adds a fun amount of dimension.  It's almost like the shade of a dress you'd see in Tudor times, and I am all over that.  It's neutral enough to wear to work, but edgy enough to wear out while still staying in pretty category (it's not an unflattering brownie-grey-purple-taupe type polish at all).


As far as application goes, this is a two coater.  It's a little sheer on the first coat, but the second one fixes that up.  It's self-leveling (meaning it doesn't pool on one side of the nail) and easy to use.  The Zoya brush is a little thinner than an OPI brush, but it's not hard to use.  I got average wear with this and the Zoya topcoat, about 5 days, and I think it my nails were less peely I could have gotten even more.


Overall, I ADORE THIS.  It might be in my top five favorite polishes ever. The color is unique, flattering, and just straight up pretty, it's big 4-free (all Zoya polishes are free of the big-4 nasty chemicals), it was basically free with my promo, and it's just amazing.  I'd give this an A+.  Everyone needs to go buy this.  Now.  I mean it.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails