Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Review: Aveeno Anti-Fatigue Eye Treatment

Yes, I bought an eye cream.  I am barely 20, and I bought an anti-aging piece of skincare.  I feel very silly.  


I decided to pick up an eye cream because I keep reading these articles about how the younger you start doing the whole anti-aging thing, the better head start you have on it later.  I like that idea.  Also I looked really tired the other morning so it was kind of a compulsive thing.


My under-eye issues aren't really that serious, but here they are: I have slight puffiness (not really bags, just a little swelling if I don't get enough sleep), nasty dark circles (I am horrible at sleeping), and dry/irritated skin from scrubbing mascara off my lashes and the like.  So not huge problems, but enough to make me seek out an eye cream.


I wandered around CVS for a while and finally settled on this Aveeno Anti-Fatigue Eye Treatment, which you can get for $9.34 at ulta.com.  I picked this one because it was cheap and because Aveeno is relatively natural/won't irritate my skin.  Also the packaging is cute, and I like the rollerball idea. 


Here's the product spiel:

Aveeno Smart Essential is a unique line harnessing the power of Active Naturals antioxidant southernwood extract in formulas to cleanse, nourish, protect and treat stressed skin so you can look beautiful every day. Recommended by dermatologists for over 60 years, Aveeno combines the best of nature and science to reveal the natural beauty of your skin. Aveeno uses select natural ingredients because of their advanced benefits; Aveeno calls them Active Naturals, natural ingredients uniquely formulated to deliver visible results.
Great, healthy looking skin begins with a refreshed outlook. Lack of sleep, free-radicals and a hectic lifestyle can result in dark circles and puffiness. Formulated with antioxidant southernwood extract, Smart Essentials anti-fatigue eye treatment hydrates and infuses under eyes with vitamins and antioxidants so you'll look and feel replenished.
Smart skincare that knows what your skin needs and what it doesn't because:


  • It keeps the good in

  • Infuses your delicate under-eye skin with antioxidant southernwood extract and Vitamins A, C & E in a formula to combat dark circles

  • Hydrates to help immediately brighten eye area

  • De-puffs under eye area by massaging with a cooling roller-ball
    Directions
    Rinse with water to remove. Shake well and gently roll under the eye from the inner corner to the outer corner, in the morning and at night.



  • What on earth is southernwood?  A tree that only grows in the South?  Confusion.  Anyways, the product.  The tube is about 3 inches long and made of a sturdy, relatively nice feeling plastic.  The product comes out through a rollerball that you roll across the under-eye area.

    The product itself is translucent, with a thin lotion feeling.  It feels cool and soothing going on the skin, and absorbs quickly without leaving any sticky or oily residue.  And the smell!  It smells FANTASTIC, a little mango-y, a little floral--very tropical and tangy and delicious.

    So, I wanted this to address 3 problems: under-eye circles, puffiness, and dryness/irritation.  As far as under-eye circles, I can't say this makes a huge difference.  My circles have faded a bit, but it would take a miracle to eradicate them.  So I'd say it's a 6/10 on that front.  The cooling rollerball helps fight puffiness, and I have noticed that my eyes do look a little less swollen in the morning, so 7/10.  But where it's the best is with dryness and irritation.  The area under my eyes is usually red and dry.  This product gets rid of the dryness and makes my skin feel so soft and happy, so it's no longer red or irritated as well.  That means my concealer goes on more evenly and overall I look more awake, so 9/10 on that front.


    All in all I'd give this an 8/10.  I don't have looks of puffiness or fine lines to deal with, I really just want moisture and calming effects, and this totally address those needs.  Plus it's affordable, easy to use and carry around, and it smells great.

    Image via drugstore.com.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails