Monday, August 15, 2011

British Drugstore Cravings

For some reason, I'm convinced that drugstores in Europe have much better drugstore makeup lines than we do in the US.  I think it's because of all the British Youtube beauty gurus I watch (pixiwoo and pixi2woo mostly) who always have the best looking drugstore products.  It's hard to get them in the US, but since I have about a 5 hour layover in Heathrow on my way to Spain next semester, I'm hitting up Boots and Superdrug in the airport.  Woohoo!  Here are some of the things I've had my eye on for a while:

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer, about 4 pounds, Barry M Nail Paint, about 3 pounds: I honestly have no comprehension of the exchange rate between pounds and dollars but I'm thinking all of these are still pretty cheap.  I've seen this Collection 2000 concealer in a lot of Pixi2woo videos.  It seems like an affordable, long-lasting under-eye concealer.  I just broke my MAC concealer (sob) and I need a new one, so I'm thinking I'll pick up this little guy.  I like the doefoot applicator, since I always irritate my eyes slapping on concealer with my fingers, and an applicator is much softer and easier to blend with.  I think Barry M polish is like the Sally Hansen of the UK, but cheaper and with better colors.  I love the retro type on the bottle, and the range of gorgeous vibrant colors and on-trend, dusty hues.  I think I have a bit of a nail polish addiction problem, so I'll definitely grab a few of these.


Sleek Pout Polish, about 4 pounds, Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, about 10 pounds: I have about 25 lip balms.  And I don't really like any of them.  I use Aquaphor for actual moisture (it beats everything at that) but as for colored lip balm I have no favorites.  I've heard great things about this Sleek Pout Polish.  It has SPF (which I LOVED), seems to be very moisturizing, and comes in a bunch of pretty colors.  I really like that pink on top and the cherry red on the bottom.  I'm a little scared of lip color, but sheer lip balms are a great way to add a little color without going too over the top.  Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation got rave reviews both on YouTube and on Makeupalley.  It seems to be a light, dewey foundation with a ton of antioxidants to nourish your skin.  I'm always looking for lightweight, decent coverage foundations and this one is so affordable and may actually make your skin happier.  So that's a win-win!


 What about you girls?  Do you have a favorite European beauty product?

Images via: collection2000.co.uk, superdrug.co.uk, bourjois.co.uk.

2 comments:

  1. I can't stand nail polish usually, but I love my Barry M shades. I am OBSESSED with their makeup as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't stand nail polish?! Nail polish is my crack! Where do you get them in the US?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails