Friday, August 19, 2011

Burt's Bees Lip Tint and Pretty Clothes

So I was bumming around Target today picking up stuff for my next semester in Spain (apparently they don't have Tampax in Spain.  Um.  WHAT.) and I was meandering through the beauty aisles when I saw this little guy:


Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Honeysuckle, $7 at burtsbees.com: How cute is that packaging?  From the outside it looks like this giant, elegantly packaged lip balm and Target conveniently had no price tags up, so I bought it.


The cute packaging is much bigger than the actual lip balm (sob) which is normal tube of Chapstick-sized.  That said, the tube still looks pretty chic for a lip balm, and I love tinted lip balms that come in tubes instead of pots (so you don't have to germify them up with your fingers).  Here's what Burt's Bees has to say about them:

"Care for your lips with beautiful, sheer color. Our new tinted balms give you a hint of color with a soft, sweet flavor and natural ingredients that moisturize and condition your lips. Available in six flirty shades – Hibiscus, Honeysuckle, Tiger Lily, Pink Blossom, Red Dahlia and Rose." 

It's packed full of shea butter and lots of plant/flower oils too.  I wish these had SPF, but you can't have everything.  Honeysuckle is a brownish-peach nude, similar to my favorite lipstick, MAC Shy Girl. It has no shimmer, and the pigmentation is sheer but noticeable.  I have medium-light pigmented lips, and this tones down my natural lip color a bit for a hint of nude color, but it's still too sheer for me to swatch and get it to show it.


The balm goes on very easily, and manages to have that nice texture between oily and waxy--it doesn't sit up your lips like Vaseline and it doesn't go on all dry and waxy like the Burt's Bees chapsticks.  It's not as moisturizing as, say, Aquaphor, but it's moisturizing enough to be me through the day.  Since the color is sheer, it doesn't last too long, maybe an hour.  The moisture lasts 2-3 hours, which is standard for me.

All in all, I really like this lip balm.  I've tried a fair amount, and this is one of my favorites.  More moisturizing than my Kiehls and Korres lip balms for sure, and a prettier color than my clear Aquaphor.  The only downsides are the misleading packaging, slightly high price, and lack of SPF.  I'd give this a B+.  I'd really like to try Hibiscus, which seems like a medium warm pink (they also have sheer reds, which would be so, so pretty with this formula).



On a totally random note, look at these pretty things I found on Shopbop today:


ADAM Leather Aviator Jacket with Shearling Collar, $895 at shopbop.com, Chan Luu Key Earrings, $62 at shopbop.com: I love little leather motorcycle jackets.  I also love shearling collars.  A little black leather motorcycle jacket with a removable shearling collar?  YES PLEASE.  The cropped waist and long, tight sleeves of the jacket create a flattering, streamlined silhouette but still have the inherent edge of a moto jacket.  The shearling adds some warmth and a wild, impractical glamour that I find strangely endearing.  I want to wear this with fitted black jeans, sassy harness boots, and a fitted olive green tee.  Okay, y'all know that I'm a sucker for old-fashioned key-shaped anything.  I have those Tiffany's necklaces.  I even have random old-fashioned skeleton keys hanging out in my room.  But antique key-shaped earrings?  WHAT.  These are so cute!  They're small enough to not be too over the top, and the keys have such a dainty, elegant feel to them.  Plus they're plated in rose gold, which develops the prettiest patina over time.


Happy weekend!



Images via shopbop.com, burtsbees.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails