Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Daydreaming: Outfits for Spain

I'm just thinking of outfits for me to wear next semester in Spain at this point.  This is the kind of thing I want to wear while bouncing around old buildings in the city center and drinking cappuccinos in sunlit plazas.

Every Thursday Dress, $47.99 at modcloth.com, Antik Batik Akan Stone Flat Sandals, $120 at shopbop.com: I'm realizing that there is a hole in my closet--a fitted sun/daydress-sized hole.  I have a ton of little dresses with a-line skirts, but for some reason, I'm really craving dresses that are more fitted.  This Modcloth dress is ADORABLE.  I like the silky fabric, the way it drapes and has a subtle sheen, and I like the adjustable waist-tie, which creates a really flattering shape.  The tomato red is classic but fresh and works for a lot of complexions.  Plus the shape is just great--it hugs the body without clinging to it too much, has an interesting neckline, and hides any stomach bulge.  For daytime, I'd do this with a pair of flat but embellished sandals.  These Antik Batik sandals are nice because they're fancy enough to go with the polished vibe of the dress, but still low-key enough to be daytime appropriate.  The crystals add a little fun and glamour, and their pink tone ties them in with the dress.


Kenneth Jay Lane Golden Shadow Earrings, $60 at shopbop.com, Ray-Ban Modern Wayfarers, $139 at shopbop.com: I like the idea of keeping this outfit relatively simple and clean to let the draping do the talking.  For jewelry, I'd do this simple pair of oversized studs.  They're a basic shape, so they have a classic feel, but since they're slightly oversized they're a bit more playful and eccentric.  I'd top it all off with a giant pair of sunglasses--when are giant sunglasses not a great addition to any outfit?--and these are a nice neutral shape with a basic brown frame.  Plus I have them and they are totally fab.


Images via modcloth.com, polyvore.com, shopbop.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails