Monday, August 22, 2011

Craving: Heeled Campus Boots

So I watched 'The Devil Wears Prada' this weekend, and there was this one scene in the intro where this girl is wearing heeled campus boots, just like the ones below.  Now, I'm not a heels person, I feel like a giant enough already, but that kind of heeled boot...it calls to me. I wants it.  I put together an outfit around a pair of boots like that to legitimize my cravings (of course).



7 For All Mankind The Skinny Legging Jeans, $168 at shopbop.com, Frye Harlow Campus Pull-on Boots, $358 at shopbop.com: How cute are those boots?! The stacked heel is just over 4", which would be a bit impractical if these boots didn't have rugged, easy to walk on soles and squishy foot beds.  I'll all about adding a little practical sexy to the daytime wardrobe, and these fit the bill.  The leather is a lovely, thick warm brown but has this amazing tumbled texture that keeps them from being too dominatrix and too polished for daytime.  In sort, they are perfect and I must has them.  I'd wear them with simple black legging jeans.  With heels that high, you need a basic color and a slim cut to keep them from being too over the top (plus those 7 legging jeans are ridiculously comfy).


Soft Joie Maitza Top, $98 at shopbop.com, tuleste market Tufted Diamond Pendant Necklace, $60 at shopbop.com: As far as tops go, the jeans and the boots have such structured, clean lines and basic colors that for the top I'd do something more fluid and in a fun, bright color.  This top has a lovely shape, with the oversized body balancing out the draped shoulders and scoop neckline.  It's flirty without showing cleavage, which is great, and it hits at a good place on the hip, not too low.  To top it all off, I'd add this tuleste market necklace.  It's a lot of look with minimal effort, the geometric shape contrasts nicely with the more Grecian top, and the black ties in with the black jeans.


Images via shopbop.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails