Monday, April 4, 2011

Spa Day

Guys, I have a serious case of the blahs.  I have a bunch of boring reading to do, the weather back here is TERRIBLE, and only finals and papers to look forward to for the next few weeks.  I am riding the struggle bus.  All I want to do is take a spa day.  Since I don't have the time to do that, here's what I would do during my theoretical spa day in my theoretical life where I theoretically have free time.


Pumpkin Souffle Soy Candle, $9 at etsy.com, Silk Eye Mask, $35 at etsy.com: My favorite scent/flavor is pumpkin spice.  Like my favorite flavor of all time.  It's so autumy and homey and spicey and delicious.  I like that this candle is soy, which is happier and eco-friendly, and long-burning, but really that it smells like pumpkin spice.  I think I've blogged cute eye masks like this one probably five times, but I still haven't bought one and I kind of really need to.  I'm a sucker for anything purple and the Sleeping Beauty thing is too cute.  I would wear this the night before my spa day so I could wake up with this on and feel super glamorous.


Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Butter, $20 at sephora.com, Satin Kimono Wrap, $45 at victoriassecret.com: It's body butter...but it smells like chocolate chip cookies.  I always feel polished and pampered when I use body butters, and what works better with a spa day than cookies?  I know some people think of health food when they do spa days...but I think of baked goods.  So there, universe.  Now, on a spa day you can't wear actual clothes.  It's cute lounge clothes and pajamas all the way.  Personally, I love silky bathrobes.  And this one has a fun kimono vibe and is in an adorable hot pink.  I want to flounce around in this with some fluffy bunny slippers.


Zoya LC, $8 at zoya.com, Veronica Mars, Season 1, $34.98 at amazon.com: Now for the spa part of the spa day: a fun, bright nail polish.  I'm wearing LC by Zoya on my fingers right now.  It's a creme orangey-coral-red that just screams summer and California and happiness.  It's opaque, it covers in 1-2 coats, and it wears nicely.  As for what I'd be watching while I paint my nails, it has to be Veronica Mars season 1.  I just finished watching that show, and it was GREAT.  I've avoided watching it forever because I didn't think I would like it for some reason, but it is possibly the BEST THING EVER.  It's snappy and fun and entertaining and very snarky, which is right up my alley.


What would you girls do if you had time for a spa day?

Images via etsy.com, victoriassecret.com, zoya.com, amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails