Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Essie, China Glaze, and Barbie

Sorry for not blogging on Friday!  It was Relay for Life at my school, which is a 12 hour relay for the American Cancer Society, so I was doing that instead.  Everyone should do it if it's available at your school, because it's really fun and it's a great cause!


Anyways, on a more frivolous note, I got my nails did this weekend in some pretty fab colors.  On my toes I have Essie's Flirty Fuchsia.  I really wanted something obnoxiously neon on my toes to make me feel cheerful and summery since the Boston weather has been so terrible, and I love me some pink, so neon pink it was.  I LOVE THIS COLOR.  It's just bright enough to be noticeable, but it's not glaring, and it's actually a pretty flattering color.  It went on nicely in 2 coats.  Another alternative to Flirty Fuchsia is Essie's Pink Parka.


Now on my fingers I got China Glaze's Stella.  These pictures came out so wrong.  It's such a pretty color in real life.  It's a medium-dark vibrant purple with bright pink shimmer.  Out of direct light it's a pretty vampy purple, but when it catches the light that pink shimmer comes out and it becomes this fun, bright warm purple.  It's just a really happy, pretty color that I wish I had in my polish collection.  It covered nicely in 2 coats as well.  I always get things named Stella because it was the name of my first blog and it's also the name of one of my sorority's founders. :)


For some reason I can NOT get this video to center.  Someone made a life-size scale model of what Barbie would look like if her proportions were scaled up to normal human size, and it is truly terrifying.  She wouldn't be able to standard and her organs wouldn't be able to fit in her body.  It says a lot about the unrealistic body expectations we develop as kids, huh?  I wouldn't WANT to look like Barbie.  Barbie looks grotesque--and the Bratz dolls aren't much better.  It's about time that we get some normal-sized, non-sluttified dolls for girls to play with, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails