Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Pre-Summer Cravings

The weather hit 60 degrees today, so obviously all I can think about today is summer, and all the things I want to wear for summer time.  Which is unfortunate, because there is actually still snow on the ground in Boston.  HOW DOES THIS EVEN WORK WEATHERWISE?  I don't understand. Bleh.  Here are some pretty summery things:


Kim Kardashian, Frye Catrin Trapunto Sandals, on sale fore $123 at zappos.com: I need to be more adventurous with my hair styles.  I have very, very thick, slippery hair that refuses to do much more than go into a ponytail (and a rebellious ponytail at that).  But I have a soft spot for cute little braids, a la LC from the Hills.  I love the bombshell waves Kim is working here, and the skinny braids poking out add such a fun, boho twist on the look that I'm going to have to try this look.  If these shoes came in my size still, I would have ordered them already.  I need more shoes, heels especially, and I love the idea of a casual heel.  The medium brown is so versatile, the platform and thick heel makes these practical, and the thick straps are so boho-sassy.  These with a little white sundress = heaven.

Ray-Ban Oversized Wayfarers, $145 at shopbop.com, MAC Freckletone Lipstick, $14.50 at maccosmetics.com: I promise I will stop blogging oversized Wayfarers.  Eventually.  Maybe.  I just love them so much but can't justify buying them because I 
have two pairs of Ray-Bans already...but I want them.  Cry.  I think oversized sunglasses with a structured shape like these are so flattering and so glamorous.  Plus (my favorite part) they are so great for people watching!  Nobody knows that you're looking at them in these.  I realize that sounds mildly creepy, but you all know what I'm talking about, right?  I've been searching for a good nude lipstick for a while now.  Lipstick in general scares me, because I literally only wear lip balm and the occasional pink lip gloss, but there's something so appealing in warm weather about a nude, natural peachy-pink lip.  Especially with the winged eyeliner that I like to wear--a red lip would be far too retro fab.

 Coconut Iced Coffee, Benefit Hoola Bronzing Powder, $28 at sephora.com: Check out that recipe from Coconut Iced Coffee.  It looks SO GOOD.  I love me some iced coffee, and coconut seems like such a fun, tropical twist.  I need a tan like it's nobodies business, but my epic paranoia of skin cancer and fear of spray tanners leaves me with limited options.  I've been craving Benefit's Hoola for a while now (I may actually buy it this time kids!).  It's the perfect matte bronzer, just warm enough and not too orange, and it's ideal for contouring and adding an overall glow.



Images via glamour.com, zappos.com, shopbop.com, smartpoppy.au, sephora.com.

1 comment:

  1. This has me craving summer already! Yeah, the weather has been whack on the East Coast. That lipstick looks gorgeous, hope ya get it ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails