Friday, April 8, 2011

Review: Zoya Areej

Zoya Areej is one of the polishes I got with the recent bogo Zoya promo for their summer collections--I got Areej and Kimmy, a shimmery golden red.  I think with shipping I spent $10 on 2 polishes, which is pretty good as far as Zoya goes.

So here's Areej.  Zoya describes it as a soft, muted cool fuchsia pink with a creme finish, which is pretty true to life for me.  It's so, so much prettier in person (my nails are in bad shape, so any manicure looks terrible right now). 

The formula was standard Zoya, opaque, covered in 2 coats, dried without bubbles, pretty self-leveling, basically easy to deal with if not epically mind-blowing.  As for the color, it's a little brighter in person and SO PRETTY.  Let me preface this by saying that I don't really do pink polishes on my fingers.  I do vampy cremes and shimmers, occasionally a red or a navy, but pink?  Not so much.  However, I love this color.  It's bright enough to be fun but not so bright that it's neon, it's a nice medium fuchsia, not too like so it's twee, not too dark, and it just has such a girly, cheerful vibe without being too cutesy for me.  I'd love this on my toes too!

Overall Rating: A+.  The formula is good, and the color is unique (at least for me) but also wearable and fun.  Definitely worth the $5.

2 comments:

  1. That colour looks gorgeous :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's fabulous! currently wearing it on my toes with Zoya Kimmy on my fingers :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails