Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sparkles

Finals.  Dying.  Ugh.  Must write 10 page paper.  In a different language.  So, today's post is short and sweet.


Tiffany Twist Bow Ring, $225 at tiffanys.com, Tiffany Love Diamond Ring, $2,250 at tiffanys.com: I love tiny bows.  Especially tiny bows on rings.  It's a cute riff on tying a string around your finger to remember something, and it's just so quirky and dainty and adorable and now I need it.  But not as much as I need this love ring.  HOW AWESOME IS THAT?  I'd like it without the diamonds but diamonds make everything better.  It's almost a little too trite and over the top, but I have such a soft spot for hopelessly romantic stuff like this that I can't help but like it.


 I'm in crazy apartment decorating mode since I'm moving into my new off campus house in just over a month (OMG), and I was going through some of the pictures in my interior decorating inspiration file.  Here are two of my favorites.  I just realized how similar the color palettes of these 2 rooms are.  I love a grey wall, especially a grey accent wall or a metallic grey wall (LOVE).  The pops of reflective surfaces, like the mirrors, and the bright pinks and blues really make the rooms.  This is actually a lot like I want my real life house to look like.  Hm.

I may not be the most domestic of girls (aside from the addiction to baking) but I do love me a good candle.  But it needs to have a very specific, real-smelling scent, and it needs to smell homey and preferably like baked goods.  I spotted this candle company on Temptalia and it got such rave reviews that I had to look at it.  A 16 ounce candle is $12.50, which is pretty decent.  They literally have over 600 scents and I want ALL OF THEM.  Here are my top 3: Cinnamon Apple Berry, with cinnamon sticks, apples, and berries with a touch of sugar, Country Bumpkin, with apples, candied yams, marshmallows, sweet cream butter, brown sugar, nutmeg, crushed cinnamon bark, and fresh cloves, Chai Tea, with brewed tea, cinnamon, clove, ginger, vanilla, and honey.  I want my life to smell like chai tea, so that's a win.  Country Bumpkin sounds exactly like Thanksgiving smells, and Cinnamon Apple Berry is making my mouth water.  This will be happening.


Images via tiffanys.com, designsponge.com, candlesbyvictoria.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails