Thursday, May 5, 2011

Episode 235 of Random Pretty Things

I just finished a 10 page Spanish paper on love triangles in Baroque literature.  >.<  My brain hurts.  I apologize in advance if this post is entirely illegible. Yay for mindlessly pretty things.


A Lovely Life Dress, $67.99 at modcloth.com, Long Island Longing Dress, $137.99 at modcloth.com: I thought that once I bought that perfect Anthropologie vintage-style sundress I bought a few months ago that my undying need to collect sundresses would die out.  It hasn't.  You literally cannot have enough sundresses.  You can dress them in so many different ways and they come in such different patterns that you could actually make a whole wardrobe out of sundresses.  Modcloth is a great resource for vintage-style clothing--here are 2 adorable little sundresses I found.  I like the graphic black and white print on the first dress against the sweetly retro cut.  This is actually my ideal sundress shape.  If it had a bright floral print, I would actually die a little.  Want.  I'm not particularly preppy or into geometric patterns, but this blue and white dress is just so refreshing.  The simple cut works with the busy print really nicely.  I'd pair it with a bright pink belt and some neutral flat sandals, maybe a set of bangles?


Set of 10 Tissue Poms, $28 at etsy.com: I realize that these may be a little overpriced at $2.80 a piece, but they're so CUTE.  You can choose from a bunch of different colors and you get 10 flowers in various sizes with fishing line to hang them on.  I'd hang these in my room from my walls and ceiling.  They're a great, low-damage, low-effort, and cheap way to add some sass to your room, and you can coordinate them with your color scheme!  And I totally just talked myself into buying them.


Vintage Apothecary Jars, $22 at etsy.com: I love, love, love vintage-y glassware, and these apothecary/candy-style jars are so perfect for storing things in. The style is adorably retro and sweet, but the minimalist glass keeps them from being too old-school and dated.  I'd use these a few ways--to store cookies and candies in the kitchen, or to store makeup in the bathroom.  These would be so great for storing tall, skinny things like makeup brushes, eyeliners, mascaras, lip glosses, etc.  I'm so bad at being organized so anything that keeps my stuff all together and is actually cute is a win by me.


Images via modcloth.com, etsy.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails