Monday, May 16, 2011

I Blame Blogger

Sooooo last week was a failure.  I'll take the blame for Tuesday and Wednesday because I was moving out of my dorm and flying home to LA, but Thursday and Friday Blogger was totally down and I couldn't log in, so not my fault!  Stupid blogger.  One day I will switch to Tumblr.  One day.  When I become less lazy.


In the meantime, I did some shopping at H&M over the weekend.  I'll share the rest of what I got with y'all over the week, but first up is this blush pink top (totally the color I want to paint my room).  It was like $15, and it's a slouchy, slightly off-the-shoulder top with a little cowl neck and a black waist tie.  I just think it's really cute and the waist tie is flattering.  I like that you can adjust the top to be more off-the-shoulder or more low-cut in front based how you pull the draping.  I'll probably wear it with equestrian inspired boots and jeans or with a black pencil skirt and a cardigan for work and such.


In unrelated news, I finally got around to reading A Vintage Affair by Isabel Wolff.  A friend recommended it to me like forever ago, and I hit up the library this past weekend to get a bunch of books (I'm like a kid in a candy store there) and grabbed this.  It's about a mid-thirties girl named Phoebe Swift who quits her job at Sotheby's to start a vintage clothing store.  There's some personal development/romance/history stuff in the background, but the part that really fascinated me was reading about all the vintage clothes and their stories, especially these 4 American prom dresses.  They're all different colors and Phoebe sees all these different girls try them on but each dress has a specific girl that it 'belongs' with and it's fun to see how the girls and the dresses end up together.  It's a fun, light but not trashy book that you can read in an afternoon.  Warning, however: it will make you want to buy a LOT of vintage clothes.


Image via amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails