Monday, July 11, 2011

Beauty Cravings

I'm in the middle of this mental battle with myself over whether or not to buy a window AC unit.  My apartment doesn't have AC, and it's been in the 90s in Boston and crazy humid and I kind of want to die.  GAH.  Let's look at pretty makeup.

TanTowel Classic Self-Tan Towelette for Fair to Medium, $24 at sephora.com, Essie polish in Mint Candy Apple, $3.75 at amazon.com: Guys, I want to be tan.  I really do.  But my Scottish-English-German heritage wants to be all 'I burn immediately once you step outside and will only maybe after months of constant sun exposure turn a slightly darker shade of brown.'  It ain't gonna happen the natural way.  Also I'm really, really paranoid about skin cancer (REALLY PARANOID).  So I'm more of a fake tanner.  But it's really difficult to find good self-tanners that don't streak, turn you orange, smell weird, and last more than a day.  I usually use Jergens, which is fine, but it takes forever and it's really easy to do unevenly.  Someone recommended these TanTowel things, and I have to say, I'm intrigued.  They're these little towels soaked in fake tan, and you basically rub them all over and let them dry for a few minutes.  You get 10 half-body sheets for $24, which isn't cheap but isn't terrible.  The reviews were all really positive.  Maybe I'll treat myself to these...And what goes with tan skin better than funky nail polish colors?  My friend just bought Essie Mint Candy Apple, and I am NOT a blue or green polish girl, but I want this color.  It's like a light Tiffany blue.  It's a pastel, but it's edgy, and it looks soooo good with a tan.


Images via sephora.com, amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails