Friday, December 4, 2009

Top Looks from Pre-Fall 2010 and My New Fav Bag

Super short on time today lovelies, but I just had to share my favorite looks from the Pre-Fall 2010 collections so far. There are only a handful of collections up on Style.com, but they're pretty stunning so far.

All Burberry: I love the way Burberry is doing military. It's not the glam, sequined and blinged out military that we've seen at Balmain, it's an austere, hard-edged, almost retro/30's military that feels surprisingly fresh. Who doesn't want to look like a 1930's femme fatale spy? Just me? Ok. The collar on this grey coat is the perfect mix of dramatic and functional, this white dress has the perfect waif silhouette with chic, modern shirring, and I love the sheer detailing at the neckline of this LBD. Very on-trend, but very classic at the same time. And can I say delicious shoes?


Versace, Rachel Roy, Michael Kors: Oh hi, Versace gown. Can I has you? I've fully embraced the mullet hemline. This is such a fab, showstopping dress, and the graphic detailing on the bodice is the perfect counterpart to the flowing, Grecian skirt. This Rachel Roy dress is heavily inspired by Alexander Wang's spring sequined dress (the navy one), but I like her metallic take on it nonetheless. I think Michael Kors' idea of making leather peplum belts is so genius. It looks like it's part of this dress, but you would work it with so many other pieces it your wardrobe--plus it has the perfect classic cut meets modern fabric thing going on.


Michael Kors, Chanel, Chanel: I want to be buried in this Michael Kors gown. That's all I have to say. Except: LEOPARD!!! I'm drooling. The Chanel show was jaw-dropping. It was Shangai by way of Bladerunner with a little stopover in Russia. Those are leather leggings! At Chanel! I love the luxe, tangled jewelry against the sci-fi touches, the crazy boots, and really, those shots are just insanely gorgeous, especially the second one.


Madewell Grosgrain & Rhinstone Necklace, $68 at shopbop.com, Olivia Harris Studded Ball Leather Hobo, $495 at saks.com: I love this shot from the Sartorialist. That girl is working a neutral palette like nobody's business. NEED the shoes. And the bag. And the scarf. This Madewell necklace makes me want to squeal like a 5 year old. It's pink, braided grosgrain ribbon AND layers of rhinestones. I adore that so many brands are playing with Lanvin's jewelry aesthetic, of mixing things like ribbon with luxe materials like pearls and gems, for a polished but edgy effect. I found my favorite new boots yesterday, and today I found my favorite bag. This kills me. It's the perfect size, I love the chain strap against the leather strap, the subtle studs, the ball and tassel detail, the exposed zippers. It's boho meets rocker chic meets a bit of Chanel inspiration.


Image Sources:
Runway: Burberry: style.com, Versace: style.com, Rachel Roy: style.com, Michael Kors: style.com, Chanel: style.com. Sartorialist pic: thesartorialist.blogspot.com, Madewell Necklace: shopbop.com, Olivia Harris bag: saks.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails