Thursday, March 11, 2010

Alice in Wonderland and Randomness.

So Style.com is being a brat today, and therefore I have no lovely Miu Miu pics to show you guys. To make up for that:

Alice in Wonderland! It was actually ridiculously hard to find any screencaps of this, so I'm left with random promo stills and blurry pics. I just really wanted you guys to see the variety of little blue dresses Alice wears in this film. It really bothers me when characters change size/shape and their clothes just magically change with them. Not real. In this version, Alice grows and her clothes become ridiculously small, and vice versa, so she's always having to re-fashion her dresses to fit her new size. Hence the wardrobe designers got to play with a ton of blue dresses, like this modern, asymmetrical dress, this strapless version with the oversized flower on the bodice, and her initial, very Victorian dress.


Emma Stone, Maryna Linchuk, Fendi Tulle-embellished Suede Sandals, $1,195 at net-a-porter.com: Emma Stone makes me want to have red hair so, so badly. Apparently my hair looks red now (which is totally FALSE, the box says golden brown), but I might have to pick up some auburn dye on my next CVS trip. The combination of the red hair, red lipgloss, and the emerald earrings is so flattering and doesn't conjure up Christmas memories at all. Who else wants a leopard jacket right now? The jacket on its own is very '80s cheesy, but styled with neutral pieces and a clean face, it has a sort of '70s boho glam vibe that is really in-tune with what's on the runway this season. I want these Fendi heels. They are princess shoes. That is all. Okay, and they also manage to make Perspex platforms look non-exotic-dancer-ish, and they have tulle AND bows. Now I'm done.


Foley + Corinna Wildflower Dress, $370 at shopbop.com, Rag & Bone Sahara Suede Oxford Sandals, $360 at shopbop.com, Burberry Prorsum Vintage House Studded Ballerina Flats, $395 at net-a-porter.com: I've been staring at this floral dress for a few days now, and my conclusion is...that I want it. Shocker there, I know. I like that it's a darker take on the floral sundress--the black and the shoulder cutouts really anchor the sweetness of the print, and it has a glam-grunge vibe that I'm really feeling right now. It's taken me a while to warm up to the idea of oxfords, but when they have some sort of a heel to mediate all that menswearishness, I'm all over them. The wedge heel is very '70s, the peep-toe keeps it sexy, and the grey suede is a wearable but interesting neutral. Those Burberry flats belong on my feet. Not only are they ballet flats, basically the only kind of flats that I can stand wearing, but they're insanely studded. Studs are like a Megan magnet. They add just the right amount of edge to balance out the inherent girliness of ballet flats.


Kate Bosworth: Having seen Kate Bosworth in person, I can attest to the fact that she is unfairly gorgeous, and that definitely translates to the red carpet. I love this red (Valentino?) gown--the juxtaposition between the clean lines of the skirt and the sheer ruffles on the top is dramatic, and I like that she paired it with a really simple, casual updo. For the after-party, she took a really adventurous little dress with really relaxed styling and simple hair/makeup, and it totally works. It allows the dress to be the center of attention but the dress still doesn't wear her, which is an accomplishment.


Image Sources:
Kate Bosworth: gofugyourself.com, Foley + Corinna dress: shopbop.com, Rag & Bone shoes: shopbop.com, Burberry flats: net-a-porter.com, Emma Stone: glamour.com, Maryna Linchuk: thesartorialist.blogspot.com, Fendi heels: net-a-porter.com, Alice in Wonderland pics: fanpop.com, darkinthedark.com, movies.media.ign.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails