Monday, January 2, 2012

I Got a Watch!

That is actually surprising news, y'all.  I haven't had a watch since 5th grade.  I had one of those giant Baby G watches that was absolutely hideous, but I loved it and wore it literally constantly until I got the grossest watch tan and I haven't worn a watch since.   I really dislike the little 'girly,' dainty watches, but I don't feel like I can pull off the oversized men's watches that I really love.

I've had my eye on these La Mer bracelet watches for awhile now.  At first I thought they were too trendy to invest in, but they've come out with some more classic styles recently and I've been itching to get a watch so that I'm not so tied to my phone all the time, so I sprung for one as a Christmas present to myself.  (Apologies in advance for the shitty iPhone pictures.  My camera kicked the bucket on me).


I got the Moscow Braided Chain Watch, which is $110 at lamercollections.com.  The website describes it with: "Extra-long soft brown Italian leather strap topped with one large Antique Brass Chain Braided with thin natural Chain. Wipe clean. 22" long and 1/2" wide strap, Buckle closure. 14 K Gold Plated Square Signature La Mer Watch Case, .875" wide Watch case, seiko watch movement, Nickel Free. Due to the handcrafted nature of this product, each watch may vary slightly. Made in the USA."  It comes in this nice leather box.  The watch itself has an extra-long brown leather band, with the actual watch-face in the middle and a thick, copper-colored chain (with a little chain woven through that chain) attached to one half of the band--the chain runs between the buckle and the watch-face.


So basically I wrap it around my wrist haphazardly and try to get the chain all tangled in there, and it comes out looking like this!  The watch-face is pretty small with Roman numerals, but it does the trick.  I've always loved leather wrap bracelets with chains woven in, so I probably would have bought this without the watch, but that does make it so much more convenient and useful.  I really love it.  The strap has a couple different holes for different sized wrists and I think the leather will wear really well.  Overall, I think I'm gonna wear this all the time.  It's low-key, but refined, I think it'll go with a lot of outfits, and it's really easy to wear.  I'm super pleased with this purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails