Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Review: Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti

It felt like everyone on the interwebs--YouTube, bloggers, even Tumblr--was freaking out about these new Revlon Lip Butters.  They're supposed to be like a lipstick-lip balm hybrid, here's the PR copy:

- Buttery Balm + Shiny Color
- Buttery balm with beautiful shiny color to give you baby soft, healthy glowing lips
- Hydrating mango, shea and coconut butter formula boosts lip moisture by 156%
- Pampering gel formula provides super charged hydration and glides on lips buttery smooth
- Sheer to medium color with buttery shine
- Available in 20 luscious shades

I was in Target the other day, and I went to look for these.  They were all sold out!  Except for 3 shades, and I picked up the only wearable one for my skin tone, Tutti Frutti.  The packaging is simple, with a sheerish plastic lid in a quilted pattern.  The lip butter comes in a balm-esque twist-up tube that feels slightly retro.  Overall I like the packaging.  It's definitely more cute than elegant, but it feels sturdy enough.

 Tutti Frutti is an orange with a hint of coral.  I really like the formula.  It goes on sheer--that swatch is VERY heavy--but you can build up the color to about medium opacity.  It goes on like butter, with a really lovely texture, and has a lot of sheen.  I feel like with a lot of 'hydrating' lipsticks, you don't really get that much moisture.  But I can actually use this as a lip balm--in fact, if it wasn't straight-up orange, I'd just make these my new lip balms.  I do like the orange, though.  It feels fun and festive, it's definitely wearable (even for me, and I'm scared of color).  I almost splurged on a MUFE lipstick in a similar color a while ago, and now I'm glad I didn't since I got this for $6.50.  As far as wear-time goes, I get probably 2-3 hours of color from this before it fades away beyond recognition.  The moisture lasts a little longer, maybe 4 hours.  It fades evenly, which I love, and doesn't stain my lips.  Oh, and as far as I can tell there's no smell or taste.

Here's the terrifying lip closeup.  


Awkward Chic rating: A+.  I really like these!  I feel like they live up to the hype of color and moisture, and hopefully I can track down some more nude/pink colors to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails