Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Things I'm Loving at the Moment

And now, for another episode of things I bought myself and liked.

Ray-Ban Vagabond Sunglasses in Havana Texture, $150 at ray-ban.com: I keep thinking that buying nicer sunglasses will keep from from doing dumb things like breaking or losing them...I was wrong.  I sat on my Wayfarers, and the damage is probably fixable, but definitely not by me.  That's why birthdays are great!  I got myself a new pair of sunglasses (to be fair, I have lots of scar tissue on my eyes from a bad case of pink eye, and I am basically blind in the sun, but buying another pair still makes my wallet cry).  I was thinking of getting the oversized Wayfarers, but then I saw these little guys, and decided that I wanted to do something different--don't get me wrong, I love Wayfarers, but it seems like everyone and their aunt has one by this point.
   
They have a pretty tortoiseshell pattern in a soft brown, with dark brown lenses and exposed nail heads at the temples.  The frame is a cute, modified cat-eye.

And now the requisite unflattering face shots.  I really like these sunglasses, guys!  They're pretty wide at the temples, so they create the illusion that my face is thinner (yay), the brown is more flattering than black against pale skin, and the silhouette is a nice combination of modern and '50s inspired.  I wholeheartedly recommend these!  But if you have a very narrow face, they might be too big--they really are wide at the temples.

Voluspa Santiago Huckleberry Candle, $26 at anthropologie.com: I lusted after this candle for a LONG time.  I saw it at Anthropologie, thought it was super pretty and smelled amazing, balked at the price tag, and walked out of the store (about 10 times) before I finally cracked.  I painted my newest room (college y'all) a grey-purple, and I thought that the purple of the candle would look really pretty on my nightstand.  Also, I kind of like to collect candles and leave them out so my room smells pretty.  This one has a 100 hour burning time, is made of coconut wax, and has notes of huckleberry, vanilla, and sugarcane.  It smells sweet, spicy, and juicy, burns cleanly, and has great sillage--my entire room fills up with the scent.  Given, I'm only burning it like once a month because I want it to last forever, but 100 hours is pretty decent.  So is this the best value for money?  No, probably not.  But if you like the aesthetics, you like the scent, and you want to splurge a bit, this is a great buy.

Image via candlesoffmain.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails