Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Summer Steals: Target Winifred Braided Sandals

A few months ago, a friend of mine was wearing these adorable sandals.  I asked her where she got them, expecting her to say something like Kitson or some little local store in Austin, where she's from (because they look like something a little local brand would make, or the Kitson interpretation of that sort of thing).  But she said Target.  I don't usually look for shoes at Target because they honestly haven't been that great in the past. 

But the other week I was in Target running errands, and I ran into those sandals.  They are so cheap!  Given, they aren't real leather, but at $15, who cares.  They come in coral, blue, and a natural brown, and have braided faux-leather straps that adjust around the ankle.

Target Winifred Braided Flat Sandal, $14.99 at target.com: I picked up the brown version, since I figured I'd get the most wear out of them.  What I love about these sandals is that they look very elegant on (I would demonstrate with a picture, but my feet aren't that pretty).  The straps are pretty minimal, but the braiding adds a lot of visual interest.  It's a refreshing alternative to gladiators, and despite how they look, they are very comfy and they stay on the foot really well.  The sole is pretty thin and has no arch support, but again, it's $15.  That said, the quality of the sandal is pretty good for the price--I've worn them pretty constantly for a month and they are holding up nicely.
Here are the other two colors--I really want to pick up the pink!  And the blue.  Basically all of them.


Long story short: these are a great deal, super comfortable, and look really nice on.  You can wear them with a floaty sundress for an earthy touch, or with a cute colorful skirt and top for a beachy twist.  They're the perfect summer sandal because they're versatile, you can get all the colors, and if you lose or break them, it's not a big deal ($15!).

Images via target.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails