Monday, February 16, 2009

NY Fashion Week Roundup #4

NY Fashion Week is still going strong, even LA somehow stole NYC's weather (why is it 40 degrees and pouring? why?). The weather here is only making all these fall clothes even more appealing. This always happens. I get all excited for spring, and then I see the fall collections and immediately wish it was September. Not cool. Anyways, there were some pretty nice looks yesterday, which coincidentally all happen to be dresses. Weird...

DVF, Boy by Band of Outsiders, Tuleh. It seems like I'm the only one that wasn't into the DVF show last night. I think she does spring/summer better than fall, but maybe that's just me. There was still some covetable stuff, especially this cardigan/sequin shift outfit. The shift on it's own is adorable, but it transitions so well into day with the slounchy cardi and thick leggings (a great way to winterize summer dresses). I was a little disappointed with Boy by Band of Outsiders too. Weird newsboy hats + geometric prints does not equal cute in my head. But this blazer/swingy dress ensemble was really cute. Scott Sternberg does the balance of masculine and feminine perfectly. I was pleasantly surprised by the looks at Tuleh. I actually wanted, like, a lot of them. Including this column dress. Kitschy floral fabric + unfussy shape + little leopard print jacket = fantastic. The jacket modernizes the dress, and the leopard and florals actually go well together. That takes talent.


Preen, Reem Acra, Herve Leger. Party dress time. The bondage/assymetrical straps we saw at Alexander Wang continued at Preen, but I love the way they wove in swatches of purple metallic. It makes the LBD a little less serious and a little more fun. I think I've made my love of Reem Acra clear in the past, but look at this. Just look at it. The pleating...the assymetrical skirt detail..the one shoulder...the gorgeous color...I can't even stand it. If that doesn't make it to the Oscars, we live in a sick, sick world. You can always count on Herve Leger for party-ready bandage dresses, which there were a lot of, but I picked this because it's a little different for Herve Leger, and it feels so of the moment. The square sequins give it a robotic vibe, and the one sleeve and emphasized shoulder make it a little 80s, but the whole look is decidedly now. Want.


DKNY. DKNY is interesting. It's definitely not the most fashion forward brand, but they're one of the shows that you can watch and then pick out 15 things you want and could wear immediately. Like this adorable sweater. I love the rugby stripes, the color combination, and the oversized fit. It would be perfect for the crazy LA weather right now...sigh...


Image Sources:
DVF: style.com
Boy by Band of Outsiders: style.com
Tuleh: style.com
Preen: style.com
Reem Acra: style.com
Herve Leger: style.com
DKNY: style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails